Castle Cavendish supports the local business and voluntary sector to grow, improving social and economic conditions for the wider community. We need people to join our Board who support our ambition to maximise our social impact.
The role of the Director/Trustee is to work collectively with other members of the Board to provide oversight of both our trading and charitable activities. We need people who support our ambition to become an ethical property company, managing our community investment to maximise our social impact.
We are looking for individuals to complement the skills of existing Board members and are keen to encourage individuals who have experience or skills in either:
- a business, commercial or property background
- the voluntary sector or not-for-profit organisation
- social enterprises and measuring social impact
- accountancy or financial management
- experience of working as a solicitor or able to give legal advice
We prefer that Trustees:
- live, work or have an interest in our area of operation
- have an understanding of the issues faced by disadvantaged/marginalised people
- are financially literate, with common sense and good judgment
- have an understanding of effective decision-making process
- have a willingness to devote the requisite time and energy to the role
The Board meetings are held locally at our Castle Cavendish Works business centre in Radford. Meetings are currently held on a Thursday evening for approximately 2 hours every two months. There are other events held throughout the year and there is also the opportunity to work outside of these meetings on working groups that address specific areas of work.
We welcome applications from people of all ages and backgrounds. It is not necessary to have Board experience and would suit someone taking their first steps to develop wider board or governance experience.
.If you are interested in finding out more about the role then please email: email@example.com. Alternatively, if you would like to submit an application then please read through our Code of Conduct and complete and return our application form below.